Tuesday, July 11, 2006

HOWDY CAMPERS

Hello Madda, Hello Fadda, It's Brent Sears from Crossroads Summer Camps and i'm just extending an overdue Howdy. It has been an awesome three weeks in Boiling Springs, NC. I've sweated like a pig about to go into the slaughter house, i've drank more water than the fish in the lake, and i'm about to completely understand the unsantized conditions of community showers. I mean if your nice enough to leave a community bar of soap, have the decenacy not to steal it.

The third week has kicked off strong and i'm looking forward to kicking off the fourth and final week of camp. It has been awesome to meet some great guys and gals from all over the southeast and some northerns, (YANKEE). However, they don't act like them in any shape or form. I've hung out with some awesome kids from all over the southeast as well. One of my favorites was a guy named Hunter who had the deepest southern GA. accent one young man could have. He worked on a chicken farm, in which the question was asked, "Do the chickens have large talons?" He didn't really get, but he did share some great insights on chicken farming, so if I ever decide to take up that hobby or profession i'll have some forsight into the business.

I miss you all and hope that you all are well. I know that i'm exactly where I need to be. It just amazes me that a guy from Anderson, SC who recently quit his job and had no idea that he would be here, gets to really be here. In order to ignite a reaction you really do need to break the status quo and shake things up. I've learned that is really how God shines his faithfulness, when you are faithful to his call on your life. He really is longing to connect with us and can only do so if, we just open ourselves up to it. I use to think that he was far away and only picked really cool people to do things, but the truth is he really picks, geeks, freaks, and uniques to do some pretty extradionary things, I mean have you read the Bible.

I thank you all for your support, prayers, and friendships over the past years. I never knew that three summers ago when I went through one of the hardest times of my life that this would truly be the wake-up from the break-up. You all continue to shine, continue to laugh and by all means chase the one who created you to be unique through the relationship that puts to shame all relationships, the relationship between father and children, husband and wife, and mystery. May we all become the individuals that Jesus died to unleash and may we all live in such a way that when people looked at us, they couldn't help but to stop and look up at the stars and say that the same one who created all that created the community of people that i'm looking at. In Jesus' name, Amen.


P.S. If you hadn't tried Livermush you really ought to get your hands on some. I plan to let you know how it taste in a week or so.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Brent said...

Thank you so much. I hope things are going well for you as well.