Thursday, April 20, 2006

For The Love!

Is it me but are people becoming bad drivers or worse drivers? I mean I have my times that are a little questionable, like a rolling stop here and there, the ever present ten miles per hour over the speed limit, and sometimes the forgetful turn signal, usually though without anyone behind me.

Today though hit a new low and really had me in shock for several minutes. I was driving home from a meeting at Church and I was at an intersection that isn't the best place in the world but not a place that I thought would nearly cause me to go into post traumatic shock. I pulled up to the stop sign and the stop sign somewhat lies in a parking lot of a couple of corner business, therefore leaving the road exposed to the parking lot, no curb or ditch. I hope I painted that well. Needless to say an older lady who looked to be smoking a cigarette or sucking on a lollipop, anyway I'm waiting for traffic to come around a dangerous curve and it seems that it will never end and suddenly I look to my right and this lady pulls up to the side of me. She used the parking of this business as a road, and thought I guess that I had my invisible button on and could not see my beautiful "White Lighting". I wanted to honk my horn, but I figured I would just wait and see what this woman attempted. Dang if she didn't pull out and I pull right behind her and would you know she decided today was drive twenty miles per hour day because that's what that old lady did, she drove twenty miles per hour from that stop sign to the red light about a mile and half up the road. Now there comes a point in your life that you want to quickly pull ahead of her, slam on your brakes, causing her to slam into you, then you proceed to get out of your car and say I didn't see a darn thing, and just possibly if your not careful with your emotions by this point you could slap what appears to be a wig off of her head, leaving her with nothing more than a sucker to enjoy for the remainder of her day. Of course that is just hypothetical and I would never do a such a thing, because I have turned my back on Filth, Vileness and Corruption, but being honest with you today, I thought about it. I'm human to you know. So next time you find yourself in a situation that just seems unbelievable think about those who just dreamed they could live a life of unbelievable, because don't we just waste our life or let it pass us by so many of the times during our day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's rock 'n roll, right there. Did you at least shake an angry fist at her to show your disproval?

Brent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brent said...

No, but I did want to honk the horn that sounds like a dying goose.

Liz said...

you wish you had my horn..then you would've honked