Tuesday, June 03, 2008

What!

I hope you're cool where you are. It's the hot and muggy time of year when all of our windows come down and the air flips on and we wished we had a pool to jump in or you go and jump in someone Else's pool.
I just got done watching the entire first season of the Cosby Show this past weekend. I have now again become a fan of Bill Cosby. I forgot how much I liked that show and how much it really was apart of my life growing up. I recommend that you watch a sometimes corny, but mostly funny show that really valued family, doing your best and culture.
I think that we could all use a lesson in those areas of our lives. I know that it's a TV show and that I shouldn't live in some fantasy but I really do think that the time of loving your wife/husband for forty six years is possible again. I think that the idea of taking some responsibility for our actions could be reintroduced to our day in and day out lives.
Lastly, as far as culture is concerned, there is a ton of art and music that could be rediscovered to our generation. I just bought a couple of songs from the show that were really good, and not just good to the ear but good for deep down in the soul. Lena Horne and John Coltrane, WOW. I think that this month should be the month of Jazz. I at least want to become more familiar with a really good form of art and style.

Today thank the Lord for the family that Loves you and if you don't have a family that loves you maybe you should start loving someone that doesn't have a family.
Today thank the Lord for the opportunities that you have and if you feel oppressed maybe today is the day to make opportunities.
Today thank the Lord for the melting pots of cultures that exist in one country and if you don't have any in your town than use the medium of technology that you're reading this on to find some different cultural experiences. Let us begin to suck all of the experiences out of this gift of Life that we have.

No comments: