Friday, October 06, 2006

KFC/Taco Bell Devotional One

So I just began the KFC/Taco Bell Combo and really enjoy it. I mean it's long, fast, and a lot to learn but it should be a good thing to stretch myself and expand in my life.

Yesterday I started my second day on the job and I have to tell you about the Combo, you never know who is going to work. I had some of the same people working with me but there only training at our store so they'll be gone soon. I started the actual line yesterday and it was fast. After the rush hour of lunch orders and all was a bit clean we on the back line and a chicken cook began to talk about relationships, commitment and marriage. I started to listen and all of a sudden wanted to say something so poignant that sounded so great to all of there hurting ears. Then it hit me, I couldn't say anything. I just stood and heard there hearts and minds.

Last night after the Demolition Derby, which was amazing 1) Cars bashing one another 2) a little Geo that was in the small car heat that not only implode an airbag, smoked one time really bad but restarted his little car three more times. 3) During the final round with all the best cars there was a somewhat injury, a scuffle if you will and the one finger salute between the final two remaining cars (Sudden Attitude and Slayer(driven by a woman)) I talked with my roommate about the combo and what had happened and then while we're talking it hit me what I had read in my time of quite earlier that day. James 1:19 Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. Wow, if we as followers of Christ could just hear the hearts of some of these hurting people, ourselves included, instead of trying to give them all the right answers at once He might be able to do more through us. I guess my point is directed at me when I say I wish I would quit trying to say the right things, but instead do the right things and build the right relationships with the people He has intended. Be encouraged all and just remember it's a daily process one that requires the renewing of our minds, may we take a moment to just sit still in SILENCE (that sometimes being the loudest noise ever) allowing the creator to speak to his creation.

I'm headed to Florida this weekend to hang out at the LSU/Florida game with some of my roommates, ya'll keep um straight up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying working at the Combo. Remember...your uniform is not complete without a pair of brand new black Reebok high tops. i'll have to come visit you there sometime.

judith