Monday, December 22, 2008

Run Against The Wind

That's what I did today at 3 pm in the afternoon. Week 3 began today and it was 36 degrees and windy.

I really didn't want to run today because it was so cold and I had stuff I needed to do, but they were really all excuses.

While running back to the house, I was running straight into the wind and it was one of those moments in which I just wanted to stop running and start walking. It hit me that's like so many of us in our everyday lives. Will see the worst in people, jobs, situations, and even running. Suddenly, will just want to stop and give up. Today, I challenge you not to stop running, but to keep running and realize that the troubles may never seem to end, but that's what you thought about the last big epic struggle in your life and didn't you seem to make it through.

Learn from this one so that when you feel the wind kick up and start blowing in your face on a cold day in life, no you'll be home soon for that's were the prize is. It's a cold glass of water or a hot shower.

If these analogies didn't fit your situation plug in what works. Just don't stop running and when you feel alone ask someone to run along with you, for life was meant to be done together.

Merry Christmas and don't drink to much eggnog or eat to many cookies.

No comments: