Wednesday, December 03, 2008

You There?

I'm here and I'm sorry for the delay of keeping everyone up to date with my life. I guess I was to busy learning that there are only three words in the English vocabulary that look like this. Roomkeeper, Bookkeeper, Innkeeper. Thanks Pat Sajack from the Wheel of Fortune.

So what has been going on with me seems to be the most asked question these days.

Well, not to terribly much except for what I'm about to blog about.

I want everyone to know right now that I'm training for a Half Marathon because of health, getting fit for India, and lastly for the celebration of Nick and Caroline getting married.

I plan on running in the Country Music 1/2 Marathon and look forward to training and actually running in it.

I could use the encouragement and prayers for I'm great at starting something, like running and not finishing.

This all came about after a recent stint of cooking which I've really enjoyed.

If you know me, I used to hate buying groceries and even cooking. I nearly burnt a house down one time cooking fajitas. I've been cooking though for about four weeks now pretty regularly and actually buying groceries, not just a few items but a shopping cart worth.

These things are all apart of an effort to do something each year that I have never done before.

The first day of training went well. It happened to be windy and 41 degrees, and I ran all two miles with everything I had. Today I shall run another 2 miles and can't wait. Running with people really helps and brings more meaning to Do It Together Sometimes.

Have a great day and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: