Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday News

Around the world and in your world news breaks daily so get your dose of daily news here on the porch.

The Office’s Kevin Character More Hip Everyman Than Loser
BURBANK, Calif. (Wireless Flash) – Playing big, slow guys is nothing new to rotund character actor Brian Baumgartner but he sees the character he plays on The Office as leaps above his usual roles.
Baumgartner admits the “big, sorta slow guy is nothing new in comedy” but says his Office character, Kevin Malone, is a fat part unlike his other roles.
In his words: “Kevin is completely honest and inappropriate – but he also has a confidence and a hipster [background] completely his own.”
The actor says he sees his character as being a hip writer or musician somewhere else “if he hadn’t taken the job at Dunder Mifflin.”
His one flaw, says Baumgartner, is that “he never figured out he was supposed to do that.”
The Office airs Thursdays on NBC.

A 68 year old peace activist says she was frustrated that everyone else isn't rabidly against the Iraq War like she is, so she's gone on a hunger strike "until there is a swell of protest against the war that the Bush administration cannot ignore." And she says she's willing to die for the cause. Again, why do people think hunger strikes have any effect? You're not eating? How does that affect me? It doesn't? I do care about one thing though, when is lunch?

I don't know about you but when i've been laughing a lot (thanks diddy and Judith for helping in this process) I sometimes get the hiccups, well no fear there seems to be a cure for them now.

I don't know if you remember the Stomach Piranta Story, but I'll never forget it. It appears to me that if I had used Pepto Bismol during that trying time and now If I wrote an essay about my experience I would have the chance at winning cash prizes.

I return to Charlotte tonight and I'm looking foward to that. You fine readers have an awesome day.

No comments: