Thursday, May 04, 2006

Trucker Thursday 3

Today is Thursday and that means a big (Air Horn Honk) salute to the Big Rig that Rolls On.

This week I couldn't help but salute two types of trucks.

The Big Rig Salute goes to all of the Columbia Farms Chicken Trucks that i've had the pleasure of being behind, beside, and passing by during my tenyor of work in Greenville. What would I have done without the smell of chicken crap at 5:25am in the morning? Thanks Chicken Trucks. The smell was worth the taste of your delicious fingers and breasts at local eating establishments.

The next Big Rig Salute goes to all of the Moving Trucks that i've had the pleasure of passing on my stretch of I-85 between Greenville and Anderson and vise versa. I pick the Moving Truck for one reason alone, I'm moving on from the world of Radio. You've been great and you taught a lot about people, character, and myself. I'll pack these things up and carry them with me from here til to the end of the day.

Have a great Thursday everyone and feel free to salute your favorite Truck and give the international sign of love, the clinched fist and your right arm in the right angle position going up and down.

2 comments:

Liz said...

hmmmm...welcome to my world. since i teach in the middle of the boonies, i get the lovely smell of fields fertilized with chicken manure at LEAST once a week!

Brent said...

Well, I had the pleasure, if you can call it that, of getting stuck behind a chicken truck with my window rolled down on a hot day. I would have rolled up my window, but as you may or may not know, whitelighting has no air condition.