Thursday, August 23, 2007

I Know You and You Know Me!

The title of this post is my latest thought as I find myself doing some work that I know in my bones I was not created to do. If I don't work, I don't eat, so I must move forward and tough this out, but isn't that the hardest thing to do sometimes.

Until, I remember that He knows me and I know Him (the father).

I was not voted in as Youth Pastor in Wendell, NC. It was a close vote and it didn't pass. I stepped out on faith, made myself available and the door closed. This shocked me but did not throw me into a doubting of God pit or even a anger pit at the church body in Wendell. Instead it was a catalyst to push me into the living scriptures to know Him and discover my new identity in Him even more. I'm now helping my grandfather in Surfside Beach do some work and it is the kind of work that my mind does not understand, houses. He has been doing house work and home appliance work for years. I'm trying to learn it in, oh I don't know a week. It's not working, it has felt like emo Monday everyday this week.

Please be praying for me as I journey right now in faith and figure out where the road leads today, tomorrow and the next.
If you know of anything that would be awesome too, brent.sears@gmail.com

Until later, Stay cool, gosh it's hot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the turn of events, but just as you and I talked about a little over a year ago, God has amazing plans that often at points of transition we can not even begin to fathom how He is going to get us from point a to point b. Good luck with the house work and continue to keep your eyes on Him, I will be praying for you.